+ George’s Resume
+ Educational Experience
- Little Rock Junior College (LRJC) Associate degree 1952
- University of Arkansas (B.S.B.A in 1954 in accounting; in 1961 Juris Doctor)
- Georgetown University (L.L.M. in Taxation, 1964)
+ Employment as an Attorney
- Attorney with Chief Counsel, Internal Revenue Service, Department of Treasury; Washington, D.C., 1961-1964
- President, Central Arkansas Estate Council 1970-71
- Active practice since 1961-2012; semi retired 2012-2014.
+ Prior Employment
- Bookkeeper, junior accountant; U>S< Army 1955-1956
- Office manager and accountant for Allied Telephone Company 1956-1958.
+ Professional Affiliations
- Arkansas Bar Association and Pulaski County Bar Association: since 1961; (Member: House of Delegates 1978-1981); Sections on Legal Education; Taxation; Probate, Trust and Estate; Law Economics) American Bar Association (Member: Section on Taxation since 1964; Real Property, Probate and Trust Law Section since 1966; Member of Insurance Companies Committee 1964-1997.
- Board Recognized Tax Law Specialists, Arkansas Board of Legal Specialization 1986-2002.
- Member of The American College of Trust and Estate Counsel (“ACTEC”) since 1986, member of Charitable Giving Committee. Elder Law Committee and State Law Committee.
- Arkansas’s Best Lawyers in Trust, and Probate 2005-2013.
+ Writing and Speaker
Co-author: “Arkansas Bar Association Corporate System; 1977; “Legal Professional Corporation in Arkansas; Author “Pension Reform Act of 1974 A brief Review 1974; Co-author: Sale of Remainder Interest, Split the Fee, Help a Friend and Save A Client”, The Arkansas Lawyers, January 1988. Adjunct Professor: “Introduction to Law Practice Management”, UALR, 1989-90. A Speaker on Corporations, LLCs, Probate, Estate; Trusts and Trust Administration; Estate Planning; Business Acquisitions and Sales; Mergers; Tax Controversies: Audits and Appeals; Qualified and Non-qualified Retirement Planning; Non-Profit and Tax-Exempt Organizations; Charitable and Deferred Gifts and Succession Planning.
+ George’s Story
+ Additional Background and Experiences
George N. Plastiras is currently of counsel with Stan Miller, previously was sole owner of Plastiras Law Firm, admitted to the Arkansas Bar in 1961 and United States Tax Court in 1965.