With almost 100 years of experience in protecting clients, we have learned that “once and done” planning simply does not work. Planning work must be reviewed frequently if it is going to work the way you want it to work. We have developed a systematic checklist-driven process that accounts for each of the following changes:
- Laws change
- Family changes (births, deaths, estrangements & reconciliations)
- Assets and Asset values
- Your executors and trustees
- Your health care agents
- Your Goals
- New developments
- Our Client Protection Program. That fee is $490 per year for our clients with basic estate plans. The fee is more for our clients with complex plans.
Our Client Protection Program
This program includes a checklist-driven annual review process. Each year, we will conduct a diagnostic review of your planning work to determine if changes or updating are needed. This process checks for:
- Law changes that impact your plan
- Family or relationship changes that would cause you to desire to change your plan
- Asset changes that may require changes to ownership or beneficiary designations
- Changes in asset values that would impact the tax planning implications of your planning
- Changes to your health status that impact your health care decisions as well as your financial needs
- Changes in the health or legal capacity of your successor trustees and health care agents that may result in a need to revisit your choice of successors
- Identifying new ideas we develop or learn about at professional conferences we attend that could be useful to you
The Client Protection Program also provides the following additional benefits:
- 24/7 Emergency Cell Phone Access. We provide you with the cell phone number of your attorney and your Case Manager. We are available 24/7 if you need us in the event of an emergency. We will accept collect calls from you if you are calling from a location that does not allow you to use your own telephone.
- Clerical Amendments for No Additional Fee. Our Client Protection Program allows you to make simple, clerical changes (changes that do not require attorney review) to your trust without incurring an additional fee. This would include changes in your trustees, beneficiary names and percentages and agents on your powers of attorney.
- 15% Fee Reduction for More Complex Revisions. If you choose to make changes to your estate plan that are beyond the scope of simple clerical changes, the standard fees we would ordinarily charge will be reduced by 15%.
- Free Notary Service.
- 24/7 Electronic Vault. Your entire estate plan will be scanned into our electronic vault where all of your documents will be available 24/7 worldwide to anyone with whom you choose to share the password. We will also scan your other valuable documents or papers for you or you may scan them to the site yourself. We will provide you with a checklist of suggested documents you should consider protecting. [We currently have a 30 gigabyte limit per client, which is more than enough for most of our clients’ needs]
- Will File. We will maintain your original will (and other irreplaceable documents such as unrecorded deeds) in our fireproof vault. This may eliminate the need for a bank lock box.
- Health Care Directive Documents and simple Powers of Attorney for Immediate Family Members. This feature is especially useful when your children go off to college.
- Family Meeting upon Death or Disability. Should you become disabled and upon your death, we will meet with your family and your trustees to outline an action plan to make certain the proper steps are taken to ensure your plan is implemented as you intended. We do not charge a fee for this meeting for our clients who are current members of our Client Protection Program.
- Estate Settlement Fee Guarantee. For clients who are members of our Client Protection Program at the time of their death, we will handle the settlement of the estate for a fee that will not exceed 1% of the value of the clients’ assets. We are able to provide this guarantee because we are able to ensure that your living trust will be properly funded so that a court supervised probate process will not be required. This guarantee is limited to uncontested trust settlements.