A Tool to Avoid Probate & Guardianship…
and Much More…
A living trust is the best estate planning tool available. It is a powerful solution that does all the things most people think a will does but doesn’t. If your living trust is properly funded, it avoids guardianship upon your incapacity and probate upon your death.
Living Trust Book
Includes these topics and more:
- Probate and Three Really Good Reasons to Avoid It
- How a Living Trust Really Works
- What a Living Trust Does NOT Do
- What to Do With IRA Accounts (and Other Tax Qualified Retirement Plans)
- Can a Living Trust Impact the Estate Tax My Heirs May Have to Pay?
- How Can a Living Trust Protect Your Spouse (And Your Assets) from the Next Spouse if You Die First?
- How Can a Living Trust Protect Your Heirs from Divorce & Lawsuits and Their Own Immaturity?
ILP + The Webinar
In this 9 minute webinar, Stan explains how to avoid probate and protect your heirs with a revocable living trust. You will learn how to protect your loved ones what many consider to be an expensive, lengthy, and unnecessary court process. You will also learn what a living trust is and why having a living trust will protect your children, grandchildren and other heirs.
What Others Say
We dedicate ourselves at ILP + Arkansas to giving our clients the absolute best service possible.
In a living trust plan, you can answer all these questions:
- Who makes health care decisions if you can’t?
- Who manages your property and financial affairs if you can’t?
- Who will serve as guardian of your minor or disabled children if you can’t?
- Who will receive your property upon your death? How will they receive it?
A living trust estate plan allows you to take control of all these decisions and provide the answers you choose without the supervision of the court system. Many clients also include provisions in their living trust estate plan to:
- Protect Property in the event their spouse remarries
- Provide divorce, lawsuit and immaturity protection for their heir
- Make special provisions for heirloom property to pass on family traditions, faith and values
The core of every estate plan
Because a living trust is entirely revocable during your lifetime, its important to note that it does not provide any lifetime asset protection for you, and the assets in your living trust are a “countable resource” for purposes of the Medicaid spend-down rules–so your living trust does not protect your assets from the cost of nursing home care.[An irrevocable Medicaid Asset Protection Trust is required to provide that protection.] Still, a living trust is a very powerful and flexible tool, and we believe it should be the core of every estate plan.
Living Trust University
Most of the questions you have about living trust planning will be answered in these short videos.
ILP + The Book
It is possible to protect yourself, your family and your business or professional practice from the real threats that keep you up at night. The law provides more and better solutions than ever before in history. In this book, Stan explains in clear, understandable language how these powerful solutions can be deployed to protect what you have earned and built.
Available Early Summer 2017
Book: Legacy of Virtue
Powerful Strategies that Instill Lasting Values for Generations
Stan and his wife Patrice are working on this book jointly. In this book, they will describe a process that will give families a roadmap to identify and clarify the values that are important to them…
—things like integrity, faith and work ethic—and then transfer those values to younger generation family members in ways that are interesting and compelling. This book is intended to be a practical handbook that will stimulate dialogue between generations and culminate in a real action plan within families. Stan & Patrice are testing these ideas in a series of workshops they are offering over the Summer with the intention of having the book published by early Fall of 2015.